Silver supplements come in a variety of different forms, but not all of these forms of silver are equally effective or equally safe. For this reason, it is important to select the supplement you will use carefully. Perhaps the safest and most effective form of silver is coated colloidal silver. Below is some information about coated silver and why it is superior to other silver supplements.
Silver Supplement Basics
Silver has a long history of use for a variety of purposes, in the medical field and within other industries. In fact, prior to the invention of antibiotics, silver was commonly used in the treatment of infections. In modern times, silver is used in the medical field mostly as a cleaning agent, as it can kill bacteria, viruses and other pathogens. People also take silver supplements in hopes of gaining certain health benefits, such as immune support. These supplements are usually available in the form of a bottle of liquid that can be mixed with a drink of your choice. Topical preparations of silver may be available as well. Silver supplements may be used on an as-needed basis, or they may be consumed daily.
It is important to note that silver supplements can cause side effects, especially when the supplement chosen is not of the best quality. To protect yourself from side effects and complications, choosing the right silver supplement is essential. Some of the possible side effects of taking silver supplements include:
- Argyria, which is a condition that occurs when silver particles cause the skin and mucous membranes to look bluish in color.
- Neurological problems.
- Organ damage, which typically occurs when silver particles build up in vital organs like the liver or kidneys.
- Silver allergy.
Exploring Types of Silver Supplements
When looking for a silver supplement, you may see several different types of products. Examples of product names include ionic silver, colloidal silver, coated silver and silver hydrosol. Both ionic silver and silver hydrosol contain positive silver ions that make them a dangerous choice. These ions build up in the body and may raise the risk of serious side effects. For this reason, it is best to avoid any supplement of this type. Colloidal silver, on the other hand, does not typically contain ions. Instead, it is composed of neutral silver particles that will not produce uncontrolled reactions within your body.
Colloidal silver may be coated or uncoated. Coated colloidal silver supplements include a protective coating of material on each particle of silver in order to ensure that particles do not form clumps in your body. This coating also protects the silver particles from breaking down too early in your digestive system, which would impair their effectiveness.Coated silver supplements represent the height of silver nanotechnology. These supplements were designed specifically to provide a safe, healthy way for people to consume silver without worrying about complications.
Benefits of Coated Colloidal Silver
Several specific advantages make coated colloidal silver superior to other varieties of silver supplements, including uncoated colloidal silver. Some of the benefits associated with coated colloidal silver include:
- Antimicrobial properties – Studies have shown that silver has the ability to destroy a bacterium or virus particle when placed in close proximity. Some people believe that coated colloidal silver may even act as a mineral antibiotic when consumed regularly.
- Low risk of side effects – Like any supplement, coated colloidal silver comes with a risk of side effects. However, the coating on each silver particle reduces this risk considerably. Most of the side effects that can occur when you take a silver supplement are the result of clumps of silver building up in the organs or other tissues. Coated colloidal silver does not form clumps, which means your body’s digestive and circulatory system can process it safely.
- Less risk to digestive system – If silver supplements break down early in the digestive process, they can impact your digestive system’s natural microbiome.
- Easy to consume – The best coated colloidal silver supplements come in a high concentration solution, allowing you to take only a small amount of the supplement to receive the dosage you need.
- Organic – In many cases, coated silver supplements are organic, making them an even better investment for health-conscious consumers.
- Supports probiotics – Coated silver supplements may improve the effectiveness of probiotics. In fact, in a study of the probiotic Theralac, researchers found that the probiotic was more effective when administered with coated silver supplements.
- Stable – Coated silver supplements are the most stable, both over time and in different mediums. These supplements can be added to virtually any liquid without compromising their integrity.
Choosing the Right Supplement
To choose the right coated colloidal silver supplement, begin by investigating the way the supplement is made. The best coated colloidal silver supplements will be designed to ensure that all particles are small and uniform in shape so they can pass through your body easily. In addition, the coating used should be a safe, high-quality material that prevents clumping and the early breakdown of silver particles.
When comparing different coated colloidal silver supplements, it is also important to look at the concentration. The higher the concentration of silver particles, the lower your dosage will be. Taking a smaller dosage is easier, and it prevents you from needing to restock as frequently.
In addition to considering the quality of the supplement itself, you should pay attention to the manufacturer’s reputation as well. Look for a manufacturer that has a reputation for providing high-quality supplements and good customer service.
Try Coated Silver’s High-Quality Supplements
Coated Silver offers a superior silver supplement that features small particle size, uniformity of shape and a high concentration of particles. In addition, all particles are coated to ensure that the supplement is as safe and effective as it can be. Contact us today to learn more about our products or to make a purchase.
- Brent A. Bauer, M. (2017, September 06). The truth about colloidal silver. Retrieved June 25, 2020, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/colloidal-silver/faq-20058061
- Colloidal Silver. (n.d.). Retrieved June 25, 2020, from https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/colloidal-silver
- Dakal TC, Kumar A, Majumdar RS, Yadav V. Mechanistic Basis of Antimicrobial Actions of Silver Nanoparticles. Front Microbiol. 2016;7:1831. Published 2016 Nov 16. doi:10.3389/fmicb.2016.01831
- Galdiero S, Falanga A, Vitiello M, Cantisani M, Marra V, Galdiero M. Silver nanoparticles as potential antiviral agents. Molecules. 2011;16(10):8894-8918. Published 2011 Oct 24. doi:10.3390/molecules16108894
- Park S, Park HH, Kim SY, Kim SJ, Woo K, Ko G. Antiviral properties of silver nanoparticles on a magnetic hybrid colloid. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2014;80(8):2343-2350. doi:10.1128/AEM.03427-13
- Pop, C. V. (n.d.). The Truth about Colloidal Silver and Gold.