How Long Does Colloidal Silver Stay in the Body?
Understanding the pharmacokinetics of colloidal silver will help you choose a safe and effective silver solution. Some studies have shown the toxicity of silver, these studies refer to ionic or uncoated silver.  Indeed, any product with antimicrobial properties can cause side effects when used improperly at a higher dose or using a fake. In this article, we refer to research data on the processes of absorption and excretion of colloidal silver. You will learn how long does colloidal silver stay in the body? We explain why the only non-toxic silver preparation is a coated colloidal silver. We shall also figure out what bioavailability is.
Bioavailability of colloidal silver
What exactly does colloidal silver do in the body? Let’s start with the process of absorption and assimilation of the substance.
Bioavailability (in pharmacokinetics and pharmacology) is the total amount of ingested substance absorbed in the human or animal body. In simple terms, bioavailability is the ability of different supplements, trace minerals, or drugs to be absorbed. It is often discussed in various scientific literature sources. How correct is “bioavailability” for supplements or preparations containing silver?
Bioavailability indicates the product’s effectiveness and is a characteristic of quantitative gains and losses. The high bioavailability index means that the substance loss during silver absorption by the human body will be minimal. The introduction method into the body can be different:
- injection, drip,
- by applying to the skin.
The situation is as follows in the case of food or other supplements, usually taken as capsules or drops (by mouth – orally). In this case, bioavailability is the fraction or quantity of a dose absorbed by the body. Colloidal silver is well known for its high absorption. The absorbed fraction of coated silver nanoparticles is spread by the bloodstream.
Silver particles penetrate cells, this process is called internalization of the particle. Dr. Calin Pop found that silver accumulates intracellularly, occupying an area, apparently without any effect. Uncoated silver particles clump together in the body and get trapped in the tissues they become much larger than what the body can excrete. Ionic silver, on the other hand, is highly reactive and will do damage once accumulated in the body. In contrast to ionic silver and uncoated colloidal silver, coated silver will leave the body completely and safely over time. You will not get any poisoning symptoms from coated silver as from ionic silver or uncoated silver.
Some researchers who studied the lack of bioavailability of silver nanoparticles came to similar conclusions. With oral administration of a commercial nanoproduct colloidal silver, it is possible to determine silver in human serum after14 days of administration. This silver, however, does not cause any clinically significant danger to health or changes in metabolic, hematological, urinary, and physical parameters .
Coated silver is eliminated from the body safely, unlike ionic silver and colloidal silver without the novel coating.
Absorption of colloidal silver
How is the colloidal silver absorbed? Absorption, the consumption of silver by the body, raises many questions. The concentration of silver compounds that is lethal to microorganisms is harmless to animals and humans. The pharmacokinetics of silver has been explored in sufficient detail. Silver does not accumulate in significant quantities in internal organs and environmental organisms, with different administration routes, neither with a single dose nor with multiple doses.
Silver is not stored in sufficient amounts in the body and even in other organisms since both take in silver in different ways, regardless of dose.
According to the volunteer trial, the scientists studied commercial solutions of nanosized silver particles at concentrations of 10 and 32 ppm. No morphological changes were found in the abdominal cavity’s lungs, heart, and organs . That is, the organs remained unchanged. Scientists did not detect nanosilver toxicity using comprehensive analyses and tests. But as the authors rightly argue, further research is needed.
Interesting points to be aware of regarding the absorption of colloidal silver:
- Colloidal silver, after entering the bloodstream, is carried by proteins of the bloodstream.
- Most of all, silver can be identified in liver tissue.
- Silver ions are poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract (guts).
A second question that often worries: does colloidal silver prohibit the absorption of any other medication? Colloidal silver, on the contrary, helps make medicines more effective. Scientists see in these properties of silver the prospect of using preparations based on silver nanoparticles.
Does colloidal silver prohibit the absorption of any other medication? From a therapeutic perspective, nanotechnology can develop targeted delivery of therapeutic agents to diseased organs and tissues. Scientists suggest using silver nanoparticles as catalysts. That is a substance that accelerates the reaction of another drug but is not consumed during the reaction .
Of course, scientists still have to carry out many experiments. The “behavior” of silver nanoparticles in the body and their positive effect on health depends on not only the properties of this metal. And also from individual characteristics of the protein corona, the layer of adsorbed protein molecules forms on the surface of silver nanoparticles when entering the blood or intercellular fluid..
How colloidal silver is eliminated
Silver is absorbed into the human body and enters the systemic circulation through a protein complex, excreted by the liver and kidneys. The liver is most sensitive to silver ions and accumulates them more strongly than other organs . The metal excretion from the body is along with bile and partially urine.
How long does colloidal silver stay in the body?
The biological half-life of silver is several to fifty days. Then there is a period of elimination of silver from the body for about 48-72 hours. Silver can remain in the body only in the case of subcutaneous or intramuscular injection. Then the process of the complete elimination of metal from the body can take a month.
A prolonged intake of ionic silver into the body accumulates in the body tissues and causes argyria. However, this effect can develop when one takes higher doses, combines with, or consumes a low-quality silver product. The individual predisposition to silver’s effects and the organism’s immune status may cause argyria.
Agyria is caused when one takes in excessive amounts of low-quality silver. Agyria results when one is predisposed to its effects and how well a person’s immunity handles it.
Benefits of coated colloidal silver
The benefits of coated colloidal silver and the area of its application have been discussed by various researchers . Most companies sell inferior ionic silver. Ionic silver is highly toxic. The colloidal ones sell large non-coated particles that clump and get trapped in the body .
The main benefits of colloidal silver by Coated Silver are:
- Coated Silver (10 nm nanoparticle coated with a polysaccharide) is the newest, safest, and highest efficiency silver available today.
- Coated Silver is the most economical silver on the market. It is also the safest and proven to work. Coated Silver is a high-tech product.
Our silver was developed by scientists – Dan V. Goia, Ph. D., and Dr. Calin V. Pop, M.D. Our founders are involved in the scientific research that we do. Unlike competitors, we publish in reputable medical publications . One drop of our сoated colloidal silver concentrates delivers a higher amount of silver than competitors; driver in 4 oz. / 120 ml of theirs.
Our silver is safer, more effective, and easier to use. Do not pay for water and marketing! Buy only quality products from Noble Elements LLC!
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
A drop of coated silver concentrate has more silver than what competitors are offering. It is more effective and safer as well.
- Niels Hadrup, Anoop K Sharma, Katrin Loeschner, “Toxicity of silver ions, metallic silver, and silver nanoparticle materials after in vivo dermal and mucosal surface exposure”, Epub 2018 Aug 17.
- Calin V. Pop M.D. “The Truth about Colloidal Silver and Gold”
- Mark A Munger , Greg Hadlock, Greg Stoddard, Matthew H Slawson, Diana G Wilkins, Nicholas Cox, Doug Rollins. “Assessing orally bioavailable commercial silver nanoparticle product on human cytochrome P450 enzyme activity”, Epub 2014 Aug 19.
- Mark A Munger , Przemysław Radwański , Greg C Hadlock , Greg Stoddard , Akram Shaaban , Jonathan Falconer , David W Grainger , Cassandra E Deering-Rice. “In vivo human time-exposure study of orally dosed commercial silver nanoparticles”, Epub 2013 Jun 28.
- Deepak S. Chauhan, Rajendra Prasad, Rohit Srivastava, Meena Jaggi, Subhash C. Chauhan, and Murali M. Yallapu. “Comprehensive Review on Current Interventions, Diagnostics, and Nanotechnology Perspectives against SARS-CoV-2”, Published online 2020 Jul 17.
- Teodora Miclăuş, Christiane Beer, Jacques Chevallier, Carsten Scavenius, Vladimir E. Bochenkov, Jan J. “Dynamic protein coronas revealed as a modulator of silver nanoparticle sulphidation in vitro”, Published: 09 June 2016.
- K Saeki, M Nakajima, Thomas R. Loughlin, “Accumulation of silver in the liver of three species of pinniped”, published December 2001.
- Alan B G Lansdown, “Silver in health care: antimicrobial effects and safety in use”, Review 2006.
- Niels Hadrup, Henrik R Lam, “Oral toxicity of silver ions, silver nanoparticles and colloidal silver”, Epub 2013 Nov 12.
- Authors Kumar A, Goia DV, “Comparative Analysis of Commercial Colloidal Silver Products”, Published 22 December 2020.