Colloidal silver: Benefits and Risks
Сolloidal silver has a vast scope of application. Today, silver nanoparticles remain used in cosmetology, pharmaceuticals and veterinary medicine, the food industry, the agricultural sector, and many other areas. Colloidal silver gained popularity as an antibacterial and antimicrobial supplement .
However, the positive effect of the products containing silver nanoparticles depends on several factors:
- the most important thing is the quality of the product,
- the correct dosage of the supplement,
- correct administration protocol.
Coated nanoparticles is a bioactive product consisting of microscopic nanoparticles in a porous coating of this metal suspended in demineralized and deionized water. This product is high tech. Silver nanoparticles have an extremely high surface area. This increases the area of contact of silver with bacteria or viruses, improving its bactericidal action.
Coated colloidal silver is safe compared to ionic silver since the silver nanoparticles do not cause tissues and organs harm.
Benefits of Taking Colloidal Silver
Use of silver in the form of nanoparticles, allows lowering the concentration of silver hundreds of times while maintaining all bactericidal properties. That is how one avoids toxicity to tissues. The bactericidal additive based on silver nanoparticles is one of the latest advances in nanobiotechnology .
At the moment, there are preparations of colloidal silver both for oral administration and for local use. silver supplements are used in human and animal care for several purposes:
- as a bacterial and immune health agent,
- treatment of wounds,
- for water disinfection,
- as a supplement to strengthen for supporting the immune system,
- to extend the shelf life of cosmetics and products,
- for surface treatment, dishes, household items.
It is the coated colloidal silver that combines antimicrobial effectiveness and safety. Besides, silver nanoparticles stimulate the immune system facing the infection and have a rejuvenating effect on the blood. And also have a wholesome impact on the course of physiological processes in the body. The long-term use of colloidal silver did not show any side effects on the beneficial intestinal microflora. Meanwhile, silver nanoparticles are destructive for various pathogens, but not for human cells .
But only coated colloidal silver has such properties without any harm to the body. Coated Silver is the only manufacturer of this type of silver in the world. We have our production line with high-tech equipment and modern technologies. Our silver has been developed by scientists – Dan V. Goia, Ph. D. and Calin V. Pop, M.D. Most competitors are simply marketing organizations that sell dangerous ionic silver under fancy names and fake/manufactured science.
Risks of Taking Colloidal Silver
Silver nanoparticles are destructive for various pathogens, but not for human cells. But uncoated silver colloidal solutions, which are offered by most competitors, are thermodynamically unstable. silver particles over time collide with each other, stick together and precipitate – coagulate. The ones who sell colloidal do sell inferior large non coated particles which clump and get trapped in the body causing problems.
Adding certain substances to the colloidal solution – stabilizers that envelop silver particles and prevent them from sticking together, allows you to obtain colloidal solutions that are stable for a long time, up to several years. Coated silver (10 nm nanoparticle coated in a polysaccharide) is the newest, safest, and highest efficiency silver available today.
Our competitors can only offer uncoated colloidal silver or ionic silver, which we know may cause problems because they do not have the novel technology, knowledge, research personnel, and production capability.
The most common complication after taking ionic silver is argyria .
In addition to argyria, consuming ionic silver to improve your health can result in:
- degeneration of tissues of the main internal organs,
- coordination problems,
- ophthalmic disorders,
- thrombocytopenia, which is a sharp decrease in blood platelets that leads to problems
- with blood clotting.
Choosing the Right Product
Not all colloidal silver supplements are equally safe or effective. For this reason, we recommend choosing the right supplement from the start.
High-quality coated silver will have a yellowish to brown color. It might even have a dark yellow-red color depending on the concentration. The higher the silver content, the darker the color.
Colloidal solutions of nanosized silver particles are usually intensely colored red-brown due to the plasmon resonance effect manifestation. That is the resonant vibration of electrons.
How to understand that you have a quality product:
- Colloidal silver is a pale yellow to dark brown. Ionic silver is colorless because the solution is completely transparent.
- You can use a regular laser pointer. When the laser beam passes through the colloidal silver diluted to about 5-100 PPM, a clear line appears. When laser light passes through ionic silver or an uncoated hydrosol, the line may appear as well. But as stated above if the silver is ionic it will always be clear.
Ionic silver is transparent.
It is also highly reactive with salts in the body. Ionic silver you drink will settle in your stomach and the reactions within the body are almost unpredictable. Of course, all these experiments “at home” experiments are not a substitute for serious laboratory analysis. UV-Vis (Ultraviolet visible spectrography), FESEM (Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy), and TEM (Transmission Electron Microscopy) are all important in order to truly understand if you have purchased a quality product. Refuse buying any silver solution from the companies which do not provide UV-Vis, FESEM and TEM analysis of their silver solution.
But what will be the disappointment if you have already bought a product and it turned out to be of low-quality? And you have already paid a considerable amount. To prevent this from happening, reach out to Coated Silver. We are professionals and will swap your “bad” silver for our quality one (just pay the product difference, and shipping). Our product is a concentrate that must be diluted. If customers will calculate the cost of our product and products of competitors that have already been diluted, they will see Coated silver is the most economical silver on the market. In fact, it is also the safest and proven to work one.
Some people believe that colloidal silver is an antiviral and is an alternative to antibiotics. As per the FDA we are not allowed to make such a claim, as supplements in the United States are not considered to be medications . If you are on medication, be sure to ask your doctor if you can take colloidal silver as a supplement. We are not making any claims that colloidal silver can help fight conjunctivitis, otitis media, tonsillitis in otolaryngology. Silver nanoparticles will help strengthen immunity against infections, viruses, and bacteria . Silver is actively used as a product that helps prevent the spread of pathogens and fungi. Only an ND (Naturopathic Doctor) should recommend colloidal silver as a dietary supplement. Follow the guidelines when taking colloidal silver orally.
“This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.”
- Nelson Durán, Marcela Durán, Marcelo Bispode, Jesuse Amedea, B.Seabraf, Wagner J.Fávaro, Gerson Nakazato. “silver nanoparticles: A new view on mechanistic aspects on antimicrobial activity”, published April 2016.
- Narasimha Golla, Janardhan Avilala, “ANTIBACTERIAL AND ANTIVIRAL PROPERTIES OF silver NANOPARTICLES SYNTHESIZED BY MARINE ACTINOMYCETES”, published March 2019.
- Asmaa A. Sadoon, Prabhat Khadka, Jack Freeland, Ravi Kumar Gundampati, Ryan H. Manso, “silver Ions Caused Faster Diffusive Dynamics of Histone-Like Nucleoid-Structuring Proteins in Live Bacteria”, Published March 2, 2020.
- Jenny Jane Kim, Karen Konkel, Lynda McCulley, Ida-Lina Diak, “Cases of Argyria Associated With Colloidal silver Use”, Epub Apr 8, 2019.
- Calin V. Pop M.D. «The Truth about Colloidal silver and Gold».
- Xi-Feng Zhang, Zhi-Guo Liu, Wei Shen, Sangiliyandi urunathan, « silver Nanoparticles: Synthesis, Characterization, Properties, Applications, and Therapeutic Approaches», Published 2016 Sep.