Antimicrobial properties studies of colloidal silver
Just the thought that some terrible parasite can live in your body makes a shiver run down your back. But throughout its history, humanity has lived in unimaginable proximity with helminths, giardia, and many other parasites. The widespread opinion that it is possible to become infected with a tapeworm or other helminths only in third world countries is wrong.
You can live in the most urbanized city, in a developed country – and get parasites. And if you have a beloved pet, then the risk is higher for both of you. The more we hear in the media about parasites around us, the more we are encouraged to be examined to prevent parasites from entering our bodies. But what is the best way to poison the parasites without harming ourselves? In this, the power of nature itself will come to our aid: coated colloidal silver.
Coated colloidal silver and parasite infections
You might have heard of certain metals like silver that can not only kill bacteria but fungi, protozoan, and other types of parasites. Some human parasites can easily infect the host through the soil, and kids love to build sandcastles or dig holes so much. Of the helminths, most often people become infected with whipworms (Trichuristrichiura), roundworms-ascarids (Ascaris Lumbricoides), and hookworms (Ancylostomaduodenale).
Parasite infestation symptoms. Why it is important to be parasite free
Such parasitic infections manifest themselves in different ways. In some cases, the symptoms are pronounced, in others – a person feels just a slight malaise, attributing it to fatigue or stress. The main indications of a parasitic infection are:
- weakness, fatigue, malaise;
- allergic reactions, such as a skin rash;
- cough without a cold;
- decreased appetite or vice versa – a constant feeling of hunger;
- nausea, vomiting without poisoning;
- stomach ache;
- diarrhea or vice versa – constipation;
- weight loss, even if the appetite is good;
- trouble sleeping or insomnia;
- inflamed or enlarged lymph nodes;
- increase in body temperature for no reason;
- pain in muscles, joints without stress;
- snoring or teeth grinding during sleep;
- you have noticed worms in the feces,
- itching in the anal area.
Is it enough to wash our hands more often? Of course, personal hygiene is essential and can reduce the number of parasitic infections . It is especially important to teach children hygiene from a very early age. And not only this, because the giardia – a tiny worm that causes opisthorchiasis infects through poorly processed food: fish, meat, fruits, and vegetables. That is, your favorite red blood steak or salmon sushi can be dangerous.
Helminths have adapted well to their hosts: large parasites make themselves felt only in a specific phase or when they are not in the intestines but tissues. The smaller ones infect body organs like the liver or the bile ducts and cause cholangitis or cholecystitis. And even in the brain! Parasites weaken your immunity, leaving your body vulnerable to many other diseases, such as the common cold or flu, which cause anemia.
The worst thing is that helminths not only reduce the immune system but also activate pro-oncogenes . Scientists have long proven that not only viruses but also bacteria and parasites are considered severe risk factors for the development of specific types of cancer . After a few years, untreated trichinosis can turn into oncology.
Before the development of oncology, parasites trigger mechanisms in the human body, due to which allergic skin reactions develop, as well as bronchial asthma. But some parasites are difficult not only to diagnose but also to defeat. For example, intestinal worm, intestinal acne (Strongyloidesstercoralis) is insensitive to many drugs used for parasitic infection treatment. Even the WHO does not hide the fact that mass campaigns to treat helminthiasis are unsuccessful against such parasites .
Therefore, both scientists and people themselves are increasingly paying attention to alternative methods of prevention of parasitic infections. For example, the antimicrobial and anti-parasitic properties of silver are well known though still underestimated by the world community.
Why we use coated colloidal silver
People have used the excellent bactericidal properties of silver since early times. The ancient Persian king Cyrus, who ruled from 600 to 580 BC, kept water in jugs of silver. Ancient Indians immersed hot silver in water to disinfect it. The classical Greek historian Herodotus wrote a lot about the antimicrobial properties of silver. And the alchemist, physician, and naturalist of the Renaissance, Paracelsus created many recipes for the treatment of various infections, which included silver.
Scientists began to actively study the beneficial properties of this precious metal only in the 19th century AD . For example, the german physician Carl Crede is considered the discoverer of the healing properties of silver. He conducted many experiments with silver, which proved its effectiveness in the fight against bacteria and parasites. Crede was one of the pioneers in using silver nitrate powder and colloidal silver as an ointment to treat wounds and skin diseases caused by an infection that caused a real sensation in the world of medicine, attracting attention to this method.
Modern researchers confirmed the discoveries of the last century and made significant progress. Microscopic nanoparticles of metals, including colloidal silver, prevent cell oxygen supply of protozoa, bacteria, and viruses. Thus, stopping their reproduction and disrupting their vital activity. A group of scientists carried a study of synthesized silver and gold nanoparticles against such well-known pathogens as Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli . It is staphylococcus that causes many diseases in children and is spread all over the environment – on toys and dishes, bed linen, the skin of a person, both healthy and sick. And E. coli generally lives in the intestines of humans and animals. These bacteria are stable and persist for a long time in soil, water, feces.
Pathogenic types of Escherichia coli can be the cause of Escherichiosis – infectious diseases occurring with intoxication, fever, diarrhea. Modern nanotechnology has made it possible to use the highly effective colloidal silver product to support parasites and pathological bacteria free health. Scientists have found that silver nanoparticles move freely through the bloodstream. And when faced with harmful microbes and bacteria, they easily penetrate through their cell membranes and actively bind to proteins of microorganisms .
That is obvious that a bactericidal and antiseptic effect of silver ions is scientifically proven. But only coated colloidal silver is non-toxic and safe for your health.
Does colloidal silver kill parasites in humans?
As you know, silver is the most potent natural antibiotic that exists on earth and is capable of destroying more than 650 types of bacteria and pathogenic microorganisms, which indicates its stable bactericidal effect. Many parasitic infections, as we found out, can be contracted in everyday life. There are hundreds of parasites that provoke various diseases in people. The most common ones are:
For example, giardia (lamblia) lives all over the world: in soil, food, water. It can also live on surfaces in contact with animal or human waste. A healthy body can cope with such an infection, but people with a weakened immune system want to protect themselves. And do not use strong chemicals. What do scientists say about the effectiveness of colloidal silver in the fight against lamblia? The researchers found that the nanosilver colloid effectively defeated not only these protozoa. And also another common parasite –Toxoplasma .
Scientists have demonstrated the antiprotozoal effect of silver nanoparticles. It turned out that colloidal silver can defeat many common parasites: Giardia lamblia, Entamoebahistolytica, Cryptosporidium parvum, Acanthamoeba, and T. gondii, and many others.  Colloidal silver preparations effectively reduce the vital activity of foreign organisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites), and also prevent their further reproduction. The action of silver is not specific for infection (as in antibiotics), but the cellular structure. Any cell without a chemically resistant wall (bacteria and some types of parasites have such a cellular membrane) is a target to silver. That is, the parasites were helpless in front of the silver nanoparticles. You can choose a dosage that will not harm a person but will be detrimental to parasites, bacteria, and viruses.
The use of silver in the form of nanoparticles makes it possible to reduce the concentration of silver hundreds of times while maintaining all its bactericidal properties. The effects of silver are newly discovered today after they lost their significance 50 years ago as a result of the widespread use of antibacterial drugs. This research will help to create new antibiotics based on silver. These antibiotics will be effective against different bacteria. They will also be loyal to favorable human microflora. Bactericidal additives based on silver nanoparticles are the latest scientific achievement in the field of nanobiotechnology . However, the use of coated colloidal silver in the fight against parasites must be correct.
How to take colloidal silver
To be on the safe side, you can use coated colloidal silver both externally and internally. And to prevent helminthiasis and maintain immunity, you can take coated colloidal silver as a health product. Remember that even the safest remedy can be harmful if used uncontrollably. It is important to know if you have a silver allergy to avoid hurting yourself. It is dangerous to self-medicate even if you appear to be completely healthy. It is important to visit your family doctor for advice before taking any supplements.
For a healthy person, the following doses of coated colloidal silver are recommended:
- light immune support – 1 drop per week prediluted in 120 ml of water, 1 tablespoon per day,
- additional support – 1 drop per day diluted in any amount of water,
- intensive immune support – 3 drops throughout the day, diluted in any amount of water,
- children take 1/2 the adult dose.
The health practitioner will tell you what kind of support you need. Based on individual health indicators and characteristics of the body.
Does colloidal silver kill parasites in pets?
Do you know that more than half of the infectious parasitic diseases that a person suffers and which we talked about above in the article are zoonoses? They are directly transmitting from animals to humans . It means that your beloved pets can get sick and infect you. For example, cats are carriers of toxoplasmosis. The regular hosts of Toxoplasma are representatives of the feline family. Various types of warm-blooded animals, including humans, can be used as intermediate carriers. For a healthy person, toxoplasmosis is not very dangerous though risky for future babies if a woman becomes infected with it during pregnancy. And the infection will get from mother to fetus even before the baby is born.
Another common disease, toxocariasis, is often transmitted to humans from dogs. Especially puppies become carriers, but children love to play with cute dogs so much. Giardiasis affects both cats and dogs. And coated colloidal silver comes to our aid because we remember how it kills toxoplasma, giardia, various worms, and other parasites. Which, as you already understood, equally affects both people and animals.
How much colloidal silver for kitten/cats/dogs parasites
It is a good idea to show the animal to your veterinarian before giving silver preparations to your cat or dog. If a pet has a severe helminthic infestation, then in addition to supplements with silver, it may need extra medical methods of treatment.
As prophylaxis against parasitic diseases, pets take 1/2 the adult dose.
Remember, pets, like humans, can only ingest coated colloidal silver! You can also use colloidal silver on your pets bedding, toys, bowls, and so on:
- To spray the house where your cat or dog bed likes to sleep. Then things need to be allowed to dry in the open air.
- You can add the coated colloidal silver to the water bowl your pet is drinking.
- Use colloidal silver to treat your pets teeth, oral cavity, wounds he received (after all, puppies and kittens frequently injured during play), and so on. Scientists have conducted studies and proved the effectiveness of the use of the colloidal silver spray in the fight against bacterial infections of the oral and nasal cavity in animals .
Important! Animals, like humans, have their body characteristics, diseases, allergic reactions, a strong or, on the contrary, a weak immune system. Therefore, you cannot give them colloidal silver preparations just like that. Your veterinarian will advise the dosage specifically for your pet.
Domestic use of coated colloidal silver
You can prepare a solution based on water and colloidal silver to disinfect surfaces, household items, doorknobs, children’s toys, treat hands, and so on. When spraying a suspension with organic silver, its particles settle on surfaces. They protect against bacterial growth and also re-infection with parasites, which are brought from the street by animals. With regular use of the remedy, an antibacterial silver nano coating invisible to humans appears in hard-to-reach places.
Coated colloidal silver can be used to purify water, liquid, and solid foods. A few drops of a suspension in cosmetics will protect against the growth of microbes in them. And also your clothes: you can add the detergent to the washing machine before rinsing the laundry, spray clothes before storing them in the closet. The colloidal silver spray will protect your bathroom fixtures from mold and mildew growth. The list of the use of silver in everyday life goes on and on. Remember to dilute the coated colloidal silver concentrate with water. Allow drying after applying to furniture, floors, and other household items.
Plant parasites and colloidal silver
Colloidal silver will also help to deal with worms and microbes that parasitize plants. Researchers see the use of sprays with nanosilver in agriculture to suppress both bacterial and fungal infections as particularly promising.
White rot is a big problem: it affects many of our favorite agricultural plants. This fungus, Sclerotiniasclerotiorum, affects cucumbers, tomatoes, grapes, and indoor plants. So, for those who like to grow flowers or green onions on the windowsill, there is good news: colloidal silver prevents the growth of bacteria and fungus , and prevents the fungus from multiplying in the soil. It also harms beneficial soil bacteria. We use silver-based solubles to spray not only the plants and soil but also containers and flower pots before planting. Colloidal silver treatment not only increases plant resistance to parasites. But it also contributes to the improvement of their vital functions, a better quality of the crop and seeds.
Verdict: As you can see, parasites are dangerous for people, animals, and plants. Children are at a higher risk because it is babies who often ignore hygiene, sucking their thumbs after they stroked the dog 5 minutes ago, or rummaged in the ground. The waste product of parasites undermines our immunity, affects the heart, lungs, liver, and even the brain.
The best way to avoid health problems is to evade them. The main thing is to choose a prophylactic agent that will not only protect against parasites but will also be non-toxic and environmentally friendly. Want to protect your family and pets from parasites without stuffing them with chemicals and not harm the environment? Check out Colloidal Silver Plated from Noble Elements LLC. This particular product will be an excellent addition to your quality, healthy life, in which there is no place for parasites!
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- U.S. National library of medicine, «Impact of hand hygiene activities on the prevention of intestinal parasitic infections and anemia among school children», published February 3, 2015. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01619254?term=parasites&draw=2&rank=10
- Kari Alitalo, Tomi P. Mаkelа, Kalle Saksela, Pаivi J. Koskinen, «Oncogene Amplification», published August 2020. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343611963_Oncogene_Amplification
- Catherine de Martel, Martyn Plummer, Silvia Franceschi, «Infections causing cancers: World burden and potential for prevention», Public Health Forum, September 2014. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/263666057_Infections_causing_cancers_ World_burden_and_potential_for_prevention
- WHO, «Soil-transmitted helminth infections», published 2 March 2020. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/263666057_Infections_causing_cancers_ World_burden_and_potential_for_prevention
- J. Wesley Alexander, «History of the medical use of silver», Jun. 2009. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19566416/
- D.Mubarak, Аlia N.ThajuddinaK, Jeganathanb M.Gunasekaranc, «Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces», issue 2, 1 July 2011. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0927776511001445?via%3Dihub
- Nicholas S Wigginton, Alexandre de Titta, Flavio Piccapietra, Jan Dobias, Victor J Nesatyy, Marc J F Suter, Rizlan Bernier-Latmani, «Binding of silver nanoparticles to bacterial proteins depends on surface modifications and inhibits enzymatic activity», published 15 Mar. 2010 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20158230/
- Saeedeh Shojaee, Nima Firouzeh, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, «Nanosilver Colloid Inhibits Toxoplasma gondii Tachyzoites and Bradyzoites in Vitro», published September 2019. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335987863_Nanosilver_Colloid_Inhibits_ Toxoplasma_gondii_Tachyzoites_and_Bradyzoites_in_Vitro
- Saeedeh Shojaee, Nima Firouzen, and Mehdi Mohebali, Iran J Parasitol, «Nanosilver Colloid Inhibits Toxoplasma gondii Tachyzoites and Bradyzoites in Vitro», 2019 Jul-Sep; 14 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6815863/
- T.Ruhle, Article «With nano-silver against bacteria, fungi, and biofilms», January 2006. T. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/288385004_With_nano-silver_against_bacteria_fungi_and_biofilms
- World Organization for Animal Health, Information on aquatic and terrestrial animal diseases, official site, section «Information on aquatic and terrestrial animal diseases». https://www.oie.int/en/animal-health-in-the-world/information-on-aquatic-and-terrestrial-animal-diseases/
- John R. Scott, Rohin Krishnan, Brian W. Rotenberg, J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg.«The effectiveness of topical colloidal silver in recalcitrant chronic rhinosinusitis: a randomized crossover control trial», Published Nov. 25, 2017 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5702207/
- N.Lkhagvajav, İ.Yasa, E. Celik, Digest Journal of Nanomaterials and Biostructures, «Antimicrobial activity of colloidal silver nanoparticles prepared by sol-gel method», January 2011. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/266463729_Antimicrobial_activity_of_ colloidal_silver_nanoparticles_prepared_by_sol-gel_method