How you can use colloidal silver?
Global health focus has radically shifted from cure to supporting health. Demand for supplements has skyrocketed as a result. People are turning to innovative supplements like colloidal silver. But, few understand how to use colloidal silver correctly. We’ll show you how.
What is Colloidal Silver?
Colloidal Silver is made up of tiny particles of silver suspended in water. Some are made with larger particles. However, some are so small, They only measure 10 nanometers or less. For that, these are termed, “silver nanoparticles” or “nanosilver”.
Colloidal silver containing silver nanoparticles that are 10nm in size exhibit unique properties. Its behavior is discussed in more detail below:*
- Silver nanoparticles are better utilized by the body. It can pass through the cell’s faster and with little effort.
- Nanoparticles can cover larger surface areas. Thus, it can stimulate immunity sooner.
- Coated nanosilver particles can easily pass through the body. Accumulation in the body is less likely.
What is Colloidal Silver Used For?
Prior to the accidental discovery of antibiotics, silver was the most trusted treatment for infections. Even in babies, silver was used to prevent conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye.
Following the growing prevalence of antibiotic resistance, experts are seeking better, healthier alternatives. Silver appears to be one of the most promising options .*
Silver as an Antibacterial
More studies now show that, indeed, colloidal silver kills bacteria. It has become common practice for implants to be lined with silver nanoparticles. This is done to decrease the risk of infections post-surgery. It is also used to spray surfaces to rid of bacteria and inhibit new bacterial growth. *
Today, more consumer goods makers are also lining their products with colloidal silver. It is used in food packaging to extend product shelf life. It is also used to line non-food items like appliances, socks, and activewear .*
Silver as an Antiviral
Does silver kill viruses? All of the properties listed above make nanosilver desirable for use in fighting off viruses too.*
Earlier studies demonstrated the antibacterial effect of silver. There was also evidence it may tackle some forms of fungus but not viruses .*
More recent studies, however, show that colloidal silver may help the body’s immune system. Researchers found it may improve the body’s healthy defense response to herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2, and other viruses [5, 6].
Silver for Faster Wound Healing
Presently, silver nanoparticles are typically added to bandages by manufacturers. There is evidence that bandages impregnated with silver promote faster wound healing .
This could be due to the negative impact of silver on bacterial viability. Silver invades the cells of invasive microorganisms more efficiently. Thus, cutting down growth rate and reproduction rapidly. In effect, infection of nearby and deeper tissues are prevented, and healing time is cut down significantly.
Silver for Improving Immune Response
Several brands of colloidal silver are now also sold as supplements. There’s growing evidence that supports it enhances immune response. *
The mechanism of action for this remains poorly understood. Some experts associate this with silver’s effect on regulating activity of cytokines. Cytokines are proteins that help regulate how the immune system responds when pathogens attack the body. It is also involved when tissues are wounded or when any part of the body is injured.
Silver for Supporting Other Health Aspects
Using colloidal silver to treat other health aspects is also becoming common practice. Studies have shown how silver can help support health [9, 10].
However, there has yet to be a consensus on its safe and effective use as a treatment or cure.
How to Use Colloidal Silver
If you want to know how many drops of colloidal silver you need to get the optimal immune benefits you can get, the answer is on your product label*. Different manufacturers will have different formulations. Some are made using nanosilver that is less than 10nm in size, while some contain larger silver nanoparticles.
However, only Coated Silver contains a very high concentration of nanosilver at 20,000 ppm. Particle sizes are also fairly consistent throughout the media at 10nm . No other brand in the market offers this much nanosilver in every drop. This directly translates to more savings since you can dilute one drop up to 2000 times and still get the optimal level your body needs to improve immunity.*
Moreover, the added coating regulates the release of tiny amounts of silver ions in the body. This stops the body from becoming overwhelmed. Cytokines are kept at the ideal level. Too much cytokines released at any one point may cause the body to attack healthy cells.*
Here’s the appropriate dosage for Coated Silver.
Coated Silver for Adults
Different adults will require different dosages. Level of health needs to be taken into consideration. Use the indicative chart linked as a guide. The same linked chart applies to the elderly.*
If you consider yourself healthy, you’ll probably need light immune support only. However, if as an healthy person you suddenly feel like you’re coming down with a cold, you may increase the amount to help boost immunity.
Coated Silver may also be used to support nasal, throat and other respiratory health issues .
Or, you may also choose to add it to your regular humidifier to purify air indoors. It can help support your sinus and respiratory health.
Coated Silver for Children
Coated Silver may be safely used among children. Again, the level of health should be used to determine the proper amount to use. For best results, administer at half the amount indicated above only.
Coated Silver for Pets
Show your canine and feline family members how much you value them. Share the health benefits of coated silver with them too.
Refer to the same chart linked when administering to your pets. Except, use only half of the dose indicated. Add it to their water or milk for better uptake.
Use colloidal silver to address abnormal ear functioning in pets. Dilute 1 drop in a 5 ml cup of water. Use a dropper or cotton buds dipped in the solution to introduce silver to both ears. Repeat the process repeatedly throughout the day until the cup is emptied.
Responsible pet owners also know that pets carry parasites that may infect human family members. Parasitic infections can cause weakness, chronic coughing, diarrhea, and itching, among others.
Does colloidal silver kill parasites in pets? It certainly does! Prevent parasite transmission from your pets to you by regularly giving them a drop of colloidal silver. Use it as a prophylaxis and as a disinfectant spray.
To disinfect surfaces, add a drop of colloidal silver to about a liter of spray bottle. Spray on household surfaces, particularly those frequented by your pets. Leave on for about 5 minutes before wiping down.
Coated Silver for Plants
Show love for your indoor and outdoor plants as well. As you know, parasites can quickly alter the health of an otherwise healthy plant.
Stop parasites from harming your plant. Use it to spray on the plant surfaces above ground, including leaves, stems, and fruits. You can also spray on the top soil to help prevent fungal growth.
Use Colloidal Silver Safely and Wisely
Remember, colloidal silver is best used by healthy individuals as a supplement only. You can use to supplement orally, applied topically, or nasally administered with a nebulizer or neti pot. Use it to spray on surfaces and add to humidifiers for cleaner indoor air.
FDA disclaimer: But, if you’ve been diagnosed with any disease or infection, never use colloidal silver as a cure or treatment. In fact, never use it at all without first consulting with your medical doctor.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Coated SilverⓇ site.
- Morris S, Cerceo E. Trends, Epidemiology, and Management of Multi-Drug Resistant Gram-Negative Bacterial Infections in the Hospitalized Setting. Antibiotics (Basel). 2020;9(4):196. Published 2020 Apr 20. doi:10.3390/antibiotics9040196
- Sim W, Barnard RT, Blaskovich MAT, Ziora ZM. Antimicrobial Silver in Medicinal and Consumer Applications: A Patent Review of the Past Decade (2007⁻2017). Antibiotics (Basel). 2018;7(4):93. Published 2018 Oct 26. doi:10.3390/antibiotics7040093.
- Scientific, Technical, Research, Engineering and Modeling Support. (2010). Final Report: State of the Science Literature Review: Everything Nanosilver and More. US Environmental Protection Agency.
- Morrill K, et.al. Spectrum of antimicrobial activity associated with ionic colloidal silver. J of Alt and Comp Med. 2013; 19(3). 20 Mar 2013
- Galdiero S, Falanga A, Vitiello M, Cantisani M, Marra V, Galdiero M. Silver nanoparticles as potential antiviral agents. Molecules. 2011;16(10):8894-8918. Published 2011 Oct 24. doi:10.3390/molecules16108894
- Pandey A, et.al. Architectured Therapeutic and Diagnostic Nanoplatforms for Combating SARS-CoV-2: Role of Inorganic, Organic, and Radioactive MaterialsACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering, Volume 7, 2021.
- Tian J, et.al. Topical delivery of silver nanoparticles promotes wound healing. ChemMedChem. 2007 Jan;2(1):129-36. doi: 10.1002/cmdc.200600171.
- Boucher W, Stern JM, Kotsinyan V, et al. Intravesical nanocrystalline silver decreases experimental bladder inflammation. J Urol. 2008;179(4):1598-1602. doi:10.1016/j.juro.2007.11.037
- Jha, M., & Shimpi, N. G. (2018). Green synthesis of zero valent colloidal nanosilver targeting A549 lung cancer cell: In vitro cytotoxicity. Journal, genetic engineering & biotechnology, 16(1), 115–124.
- Lara, H. H., Ayala-Nuñez, N. V., Ixtepan-Turrent, L., & Rodriguez-Padilla, C. (2010). Mode of antiviral action of silver nanoparticles against HIV-1. Journal of nanobiotechnology, 8
- Kumar A, Goia DV. Comparative Analysis of Commercial Colloidal Silver Products. Int J Nanomedicine. 2020;15:10425-10434.